These fascinating learning holidays are specially designed for you and your family, friends, club or organisation — anyone who enjoys good food and drink and wants to find out where it comes from and how it's produced. We guide you to places you'd never find on your own in a magical land of 'il bello e il buono' (the beautiful and the good) where 'il tempo non corre' (time stands still). Hands-on activities like picking olives and cooking lessons give you a real feel for the ingredients and cuisine. You are welcomed into the 'laboratories' and homes of small artisanal producers eager to show you how traditional foods have been made for centuries or how they have introduced new technology without compromising the end result. Meals in family restaurants are times to relax and savour the fruits of the season and how the locals use them. The adventures are spiced with liberal sprinklings of shopping, walks, music, art, traditional crafts, gardens and architecture. (Group size: 1–10 people)
Here's how it works
- Decide when you want to take your vacation. Each season has its culinary and cultural excitements. Click the links above to see some sample tours.
- Fill in the the Booking Form with information about you and your group and what you'd like to do on your holiday or Phone Us to discuss your plans.
- We create a programme for the number of days you want to stay and give you a costing which includes accommodation, local transport, most meals, cooking lessons and entrance fees. Only your international transport is excluded.
- You tell us what you'd like to change (if anything) and we fine-tune the programme to suit your requirements and adjust the price if necessary.
- Once you've agreed the itinerary and the fee, we email you a booking form which you fill in and return to us with a deposit. The balance is due 8 weeks before the start of the tour.
The price of an adventure depends on when you travel, how long you stay, what you choose to do and how many people are in your group. Please ask us to give you a quote.
More Tours & Courses
It was a trip to remember for a lifetime....
I appreciate all the extra attention to details, and special attention you gave us....
Thank you so much for giving us a delectable taste of the wonders of northern Tuscany....